Monday, April 18, 2011

Does This Post Make My Blog Look Fat?

OK, here is your ethical and moral question of the day?  Is honesty always the best policy?  My first impulse is to say, yes, it is.  The world today is filled with those who lie as a matter of course.  Lying is what destroys families and friendships.

The question becomes then, is honesty always the best policy, or are there some times when you ought keep your mouth shut?  For example, what about questions where you are expecting and wanting the askee to lie to you?

        "Do these pants make my butt look big?"



Do you want the real answer to that question?  No of course not.  You fully expect people to lie, and do it without hesitation. 

           "Do these pants make my butt look big?"

                  No.

           "Do I look silly with my patchy Abe Lincoln beard?"

                  No.  You look very Presidential.

It is possible that honesty is the best policy as long as you are answering a question to which a truthful answer is wanted.

What it really comes down to is this, are there any differences between questions like "how do I get to the market", versus "do I look cool with my black dress socks and my Birkenstock sandals?" 

Down the street and on the right, and no you absolutely do not look cool in black dress socks and Birkenstock sandals....

No comments:

Post a Comment