Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Food, honestly... you can't sugar coat that...

Let us be honest with one another... some kinds of food are nasty.  Our definitions of nasty vary from country to country, or even person to person.  For example, I hate beets.  Now, when I say hate, I mean the very greatest level of despising that one reserves for only the very must unpleasant sensations/feelings. 

With such a high level of loathing, you might think I have a problem with the merry band of humans that clasify themselves as "beet connoisseurs".  Of course I do, but if we just put the beets away we're good.  Honestly, I just question whether or not their olfactory nerves are in working order.

Now, when I talk to said "beet lovers", they tell me that I just haven't had beets the right way.  Some say that pickling the beets is the way to go... yeah, ferment the beets a little and that will make them taste better.  Beets taste like feets... (spell checker doesn't like the word feets, but it sounds good so, c'est la vie).

Another one of those unnatural foods is haggis.  I mean, take this definition from Wikipedia...

Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmealsuet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours

Nothing says yummy like sheep's pluck.

Any other foods that you just can't stand?  Feel free to come out of the sugar coated closet in the comments below...


No comments:

Post a Comment