Monday, June 20, 2011

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk....

I have been pondering recently, which animals/insects/bugs give me the willies.  Why?  Well, it's due to a story I read about an unfortunate family in Idaho.

The family bought their dream house at a steal of a price.  They moved it and at once started to have problems.  The first clue to the issue was that while working around the yard, they ran into several non venomous snakes.  This is not out of the ordinary for Idaho, so they didn't think anything of it.  That was until they started running into them INSIDE the house.

At one point, the father was rounding up dozens every day.  They could hear them slithering through the walls at night.  As luck would have it, the house was built upon the winter spawning grounds for these snakes.  Thousands of them were residing under, in, and around the house.


Now, I am not one to be affraid of a snake.  Thousands, though, definitely makes the hair on my neck stand on end.

Now, I want to compare that with my experience with a very, very large spider in the Philippines.  This spider was larger than my hand and was carrying hundreds of babies on its back.  Oh, did I mention it was in my house?

Yeah, well, I can honestly say that since the spider thing I witnessed first hand, it definitely trumps the Idaho Snake House.

Which are worse for you?  Snakes or Spiders?  See the poll on the full blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment