Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spending Money

Have you noticed the amazing ability people have for spending money?  It's not just our own money either.  We are good at spending others money as well.

It was promised at the outset of this blog that it would never cross paths with politics.  So instead I am going to walk next to politics just close enough to spit on it.

There are some days when I wake up and think, "you know what, I want to buy a Ferrari today."  So I look around at Ferrari prices and realize that they are just a tad out of my price range, so I decide to get a soft drink instead.  Another time during that same day I think of how nice it would be to get my belly button pierced.  Then I think about the needle and how odd it would look in my inny belly button compounded by how bad it would hurt to get it done, and the crazy idea leaves me.

This illustrates two points.  One, people on a budget (see most people) have to make decisions based on what is available to them at the time.  Two, just because you get a crazy idea doesn't mean you have to do it.

Ok, so here is where I walk close to politics.  The way governement works is they make a budget for all the things that it takes for the government to function.  Roads, check.  Healthcare, check.  Oops, we just went 1 trillion dollars over... oh well.  Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we got new shower heads for all the showers in the whole nation so we could save 1 ounce of water every three showers at a cost of 500 billion dollars?  Yep, lets go to Home Depot.  Heck, while we are there, let's just buy Home Depot for 10 billion dollars because we can run it better...

Hey Politics... you've got a little spittle on your face...

No comments:

Post a Comment