Monday, April 18, 2011

The Humble Mosquito - Misunderstood?

The persistent itching in my left leg just above my shin has got me thinking... which pattern of scratching is best suited for maximum itch relief?  I have tried concentric circles, hexagons and any other number of polygons.  I have even tried itching in triangles, but the relief is only short lived.

Now that I am in one of those periods of less itching, I have been pondering the age old question.  Does the mosquito have any purpose other than to plague and torment man?

After some research, I have come to the conclusion that evolutionarily, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.... they don't.  I base this only on how I feel right now... itchy.

Some so called "experts" have said they are integral to the life cycle of bats and some fish.  Well neato... but that still doesn't explain why they make my leg itch, and that is the paramount.  So to gross you out a little, I give you the mosquito in all its glory and itch producing spit....


You're welcome, by the way....

No comments:

Post a Comment